Saturday, June 18, 2011

Finding treasure

Today was a day of treasure hunting. O how I had fun.  I snuck out this afternoon ALONE(first time in a while) and hit up winners/homesense. I was given a gift certificate and have been spending it slowly.

I found a couple things and LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM.  I think I will alter a few in order to make them mine, but they were mostly on clearance so I can have a clear conscience about alterations :)
 star shaped cookie cutters... I can just see my Christmas tree this year :)
 Have been needing one of these. I am not a fan of the colour I think I may sand it down a bit to take away the brightness of the green.
O yeah cha-ching.  I think I am going to change the colour to black and maybe even paint the door a cream colour...

Ideas are welcome.. what should I do with this?  It is really only for keys, hats, soosoos, etc but colour ideas?  Sure do love it though

Now onto my REAL treasure. In our neighbourhood, they do real estate garage sales. Each real estate company will host garage sales. Today was one of those days. We were not able to head out until almost the end but let me tell you.. I will be the end seeker of garage sales from now on. I got free loot. :)

I paid $0 for the items below.

 Canisters.. I am going to scrub them down and see how they look after a little TLC and will post after pics :)
 A basket along with wooden fruit.  With a teething baby and touchy toddler, wooden fruit is the way to go.  This is now the center piece on my ottoman.  Boys enjoy
Close up of the bananas grapes and some other fruit. :)

2 comments:

  1. Mary I love it. When and where was this estate sale, and how did you find out about it? I've heard of them but never been and would love to go sometime. You should let me know if you're going to another and I might have to jump on the ride with you. Love the cabinet. Black sounds nice or maybe a bright splash of color too. Green? Well love what you got. Good job! :) Love you friend. Maybe you can guest post your tutorial on this project on my blog.

    Liz
    http://stilettosandtrainsets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE TO... have a couple projects in mind so will talk them over with ya when I see ya! :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete