Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sweet potato and Chorizo soup

My good friend Jess came over yesterday and decided to make us dinner.  She has been joining us many evenings to have dinner with us and it was so nice to have someone else do the cooking. :)

I will post a pic when I'm not laying in bed and too lazy to get up and get the computer.

The soup was a hit. Caleb, Jess, Gabriel and myself gobbled it up.


WARNING SOUP CONTENTS ARE ON THE SPICY SIDE.

Sweet Potato soup recipe

2 large yams
2 medium onions
2 celery stalks
2 carrots
parsley
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp chili powder
2 litres of chicken stock
2 links of Chorizo
1tbsp oil
1 chili pepper

heat oil in pan.  coarsely chop onion, garlic, celery, carrots, and yams and chorizo. Add to pan and cook over medium to high heat until sweet potatoes are cooked but not too soft. Stir in chili powder.  add chicken stock and half cup of parsley.  Bring to boil and the simmer until sweet potatoes are soft.  Puree in blender and serve with chopped chili, parsley and sour cream as garnish.

Yield. 10 servings.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...sounds good except without the spicy-ness. Would it taste good without all the spicy stuff too? I should try it. Keep with all my potato soup streak lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure it would be tasty without the spice. Get sweet chorizo instead of spicy and add less chili powdder. I did not put chili pepper garnish on mine and I wouldnt advice it for you.. but it looks pretty

    ReplyDelete