Friday, February 18, 2011

Long week!


Before I even write I must show you what I am waiting for ...

Delish I know...


Who wouldn't want to gobble up ever drop of Cinnamon loaf, with Streusal on top and marbled through out...

Will have to let you know how it tastes.


It has been a long last couple of week for us around here. On a random Saturday Caleb woke up with a fever and no other symptoms. He had a fever all weekend then it went away. I thought it could be fighting something and sure enough he woke a couple days later with a runny nose and a cough. I started with a sore throat and a runny nose a few days after. This past Tuesday night Caleb woke with hurting ears and did not sleep the rest of the night. Even with some tylenol and cuddles he was restless and grouchy. I took him to the Dr. and what I thought was just a fever a few weeks back was the start of a crazy ear infection. My Dr. was really surprised that he had not been complaining of hurting ears with how infected both ears were. I had bronchitus and little Samuel is fine. Praise God.. who wants a sick baby. Not this momma.

I feel bad for not taking him in sooner or even thinking it could be his ears, but now a couple of days into our antibiotic we are a much happier household.
Sammy snoozing! What a wonderful boy


I will upload a picture of the loaf tomorrow BUT let me tell you it is delish! Perfect amount of cinnamon, sugar and all that goodness... I'll include the recipe.. TRY IT

Sweet Cinnamon Sweet Bread
From : Pillsbury The Complete Book Of Baking


BREAD

2C. Flour
1C. Sugar
4 tsp. Baking Powder
1 1/2tsp. cinnamon (I added 2 1/2)
1/2tsp. salt
1C. Buttermilk
1/3C. oil
2tsp. Vanilla
2 eggs

*STREUSEL
2TBSP Sugar
1tsp Cinnamon
2Tsp Margarine or butter
*I doubled this because I wanted to put a topping on it as well

Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour loaf pan. In a large bowl. combine all bread ingredients; beat 3 minutes at medium speed. Pour batter into greased and floured pan.

In a small bowl, combine all streusel ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter, swirl to marble batter and streusel.

Bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. cool for 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely then store however you choose.

Yield:1 loaf



No comments:

Post a Comment