Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Potty Training!

Monday morning I woke up feeling quite tired and irritable and should have postponed the potty school for the day but trudged on. I really should have waited.... We were having a good morning but just as I was making lunch Caleb decided to wet his pants 30 seconds(literally) after he got down from the potty after sitting there for a couple of minutes. In frustration I got mad and slung a diaper on him and quit.

I did not know what else to do... I knew I was tired and felt bad for becoming angry at my 2.5yr old when he still doesnt fully understand or know the feelings to his body yet. While he napped that day I googled and googled and read and read about what I could possibly do to make this a little less painful for me and everyone else involved.

When I went to bed on Monday evening I decided I wasnt going to push. I was going to let Caleb lead and see what happened. And I wasnt going to ask"do you need to go pee" I was going to say "lets go try" or as I was doing all afternoon "Caleb go try and go pee". He loved this I didnt follow him in there or anything I just told him not to flush because I am still needing to see the evidence to believe that this is happening.

So Tuesday morning started off with an accident but we changed clothes and headed out for Library time. When we got to the library I took him to go pee and with that he peed. I told him since he peed I would take him for a lollipop ( he had been asking for one for weeks). And ever since he has been peeing.. ofcourse with many accidents in between but this evening as I was making dinner he came and said "Mom I need to go pee", so I know the wheels are turning and am hoping that as we head out in the morning for woman's walk that we can get through it with clean and dry underpants.

wish us luck ... and if you can pray for me! This is exhausting.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment