Monday, July 18, 2011

Blueberry Lemon Birthday Cake




This past weekend I baked this cake and cupicakes for a dear friend.  Can I tell you how much fun I had, though there are a few things that I would do differently.  What I do love though is how simple and elegant the cake looks. I do not have a picture of the completed cake. I garnished it with some sprigs of mint in the middle of the cake and right before we brought it out to serve I put lemon slices around the outside. I was caught up in the action and forgot to click the camera.

Next time when I make this I will use a lemon cake recipe instead of just a simple white cake.  I am not a white cake person. If I were to make a cake for myself I would make a chocolate cake, but I loved the blueberries on the outside.  I would also instead of just using icing in the layers I would put blueberries or blueberry filling or lemon curd or something more.  People raved about how nice this cake was because it was not too rich or to sweet it was nice.

I had typed out the recipe I used and then deleted it because I want to do a total revamp.  I want to find the perfect icing. The icing tasted yummy but I had to play with it A LOT in order to get it that way. The cake was ok but I think it needed more.

If you want to know what I did you can  comment and I will share but I think if you wait to another day and another cake the outcome will be far tastier and yummier and oooo sooo delish!

3 comments: