Friday, May 13, 2011

Faithfulness, love ... and Marriage

I have been wanting to sit and blog about this all week but just have not found the perfect moment a) when I can write uninterrupted b) focus my thoughts c) and lastly even feel worthy about writing about faithfulness, love and marriage all in one blog post.

The last 7 weeks I have been focusing my studies on my speech. Most of my close friends know how hard it is for me to tame my tongue, think before I speak and be " Kind and compassionate".

This past week my studies focused on being faithful in our speech. Man did everyday hit home for me. The focus verse for my last week has been " Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth but that which is helpful for BUILDING OTHERS UP according to their need, that it may BENEFIT THOSE WHO LISTEN" Ephesians 4:29. ... (the dots say everything).

The last few weeks have been overwhelming and trying for me. I have found that I lack patience and find it very hard to keep from exploding especially between the times of 3pm - 7pm.

As I read this week I realized how little I was being obedient in my words. Obedience for me is being faithful to encourage someone (atleast once a day). The encouraging I am going to seek to do is pray for those who try me most. ESPECIALLY MY HUSBAND.


"Ladies, when you speak poorly of your husband you are being unfaithful to him. You are breaking faith". Mary A. Kassian

As I read these sentences it hit hard. Even in my speech I am called and commanded to be faithful to Gabriel - even when he is driving me up the wall.

When we met as a group to meet last week I asked a question.

"Is it really not OK to call up a friend- a good friend, my confidant, my other half(not Gabriel) and vent about my marriage and husband?"

Well sisters.... I was challenged.. I still am struggling with the rebuke and the change that has to occur in this area.

I am trying first if I have an issue to go straight to the source. NO ONE ELSE. Then if the problem can not be solved or can not be changed I will go to the outside. Wait before I even go to the source I must go to God. He is the only one who can even begin to change my circumstances.

"Faithfulness is a huge part of what it means to have unfailing love. Faithfulness means being worthy of confidence, sure, firm, certain and reliable. A faithful person is loyal, committed and devoted". - Mary A. Kassian


"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honour one another above yourselves."
Romans 12:1o

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! Just somethings we are working through these days! I reread this post often as just a gentle reminder of Love respect and marriage:)

    ReplyDelete