Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What I made today


This morning I helped a new friend out by babysitting her 2 munchkins while she went to a post op appointment. At 10am this morning my small place was BOOMING. In my care I had my son Caleb age 3, Jared age 3, Rachel 15mths and Sammy 4.5 months. What a crazy morning we had. Luckily my littlest slept most of the time. I decided I am not meant to mother 4 children under the age of 3. :)

Anyways I like to bake and decided to whip up a batch of my quick and easy cinnamon bun biscuits. These bring back fond memories of my childhood and I bake them quite often. I knew Amy would enjoy them with a cup of coffee during nap time this afternoon and planned on sending home four but she went home with only 1. They were a hit both boys were snitching them left and right and Rachel kept asking for more :)

Cinnamon Bun biscuits
(Since I didn't take a pic this is stolen from someone else)
1 3/4 Cup Flour
1Tbsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tbsp sugar
4-6 tbsp chilled butter or shortening
3/4 cup milk

filling
2 tbsp melted butter
brown sugar
cinnamon

Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a bowl. Cut in with pastry blender or knife butter or shortening until pea sized lumps form. Make well add milk. stir until JUST combined. flour surface. Knead dough gently(maybe 10 times). Roll out until it is 1cm thick. Melt butter and spread until is completely covers the whole surface of the dough. (As close to the edge as you can get) I eye ball the butter - the more the better. spread on sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough up and cut into 2 inch thick swirls. Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes until the tops are golden brown. I sometimes make a glaze to go along using icing sugar milk and butter. YUMMMMM....

No comments:

Post a Comment