Tuesday, April 26, 2011

chocolate o chocolate o Chocolate




So .. I have a weakness. A chocolate weakness. After I put Sammy down for the night tonight Caleb and I decided we wanted to bake something. I did not know what so I decided to google recipes. I knew I wanted something Chocolaty but did not know what. So I started by googling chocolate baking images and then blogs.

How inspiring ... I have found some pretty amazing blogs and now am full of some ideas of what I am going to be making in the next week. I was talking to a girlfriend after Caleb was asleep and we talked about making chocolate croissants from scratch. SOO.. I GOOGLED IT (DUH). Well We will not be making them. Just for the pastry dough it is a 12.5hr process. NO THANKS. no matter how good they may taste I am not wasting 12.5 hrs to make a pastry that is so horrible for you.

anyways I have compiled a list of some baking ideas that I will be attempting in the next months ahead.

Chocolate flan cake
Dulce de Leche cheesecake bars

Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
Now.. I know I can not bake any of these recipes without a reason or else knowing my lack of self control when it comes to sweets there would not be left for any one else. (meaning if you see something you like let me know because you will be invited over when I make it).

I know for sure the chocolate flan cake is going to be made for G's 37th bday in July but the rest will be whenever and wherever.

I also wanna try and make Chocolate Babka which is a Jewish Chocolate swirl bread. I saw a recipe for it in Canadian living and when I was perusing blogs this evening I came across the recipe again.

Will let you know how this all turns out and if I gain back all that I have lost post baby you all will know why. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment