Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Trying new things

So we have fallen into quite the predicament with Samuel. This may gross some of you out but for me this a daily wake up experience.

Every morning without FAIL, I stumble into Sammy's and Caleb's room and get the littlest bug up and as I do I pray the poop has not leaked out from anywhere in his diaper. NOOOO... It is everywhere, every morning... and by far this is the worst good morning EVER.

Not only do I have to strip him and bathe him, I have to strip the bed, the blankets and wash/wipe down the mattress.

Sooo things must must must change. For the last month or so I have been researching. Should I put him in bigger disposables? should I try cloth? If I try cloth, which ones? How many? how much money should I spend?

Along with the diaper issue we are struggling with an ever occuring yeast issue. I take acidophilus daily and have increased my consumption of good biotics but it is creeping up everywhere. SOO are cloth diapers right for us? I have talked to both sides - people who are pro and people who are against.

Gabriel and I have decided to give it a try. He has a huge work opportunity in the near future so we are going to use some of the extra funds to buy us 15-20 cloth diapers. We have decided to go with this brand.

1. They are local - we save 3% and do not have to pay shipping.
2. They are a lot less expensive than most of the diapers out there.
3. They were the closest to the cloth diapers that most cloth diaper using mommas had suggested.

I can not wait to order them. Seriously, excited. We can save ourselves a couple grand by using cloth and the first momma who suggested these has sworn she has never had a leak.

More on this subject to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment