Friday, April 15, 2011

FINALLY SUN ADMIST THE RAIN


Yesterday was by far the coldest spring day I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN VANCOUVER. After Samuel woke up from his nap I decided I wanted out of the house and so would dash to the store(walk 2 blocks) and grab some stuff to make dinner.

WELL.. It was raining(typical) and so I threw both boys in the mountain buggy and trudged out. Well not even at the end of my street my hands were already numb. Rain mixed with snow was falling and a bitter wind was blowing. AWFUL!

Returning home with the ingredients for a giant pot of chicken soup I felt weary. When we prayed for dinner I asked for the Lord to send us some sun. He must have known that I really really did need some sun.

I woke this morning to rays shining through our door and clear blue everywhere. O how glorious.
Sammy in the swing (17wks)

I reminded Caleb that last night we had asked Jesus to send us some sun and that he answered. I needed this reminder that when we ask in His name our requests will be answered.

So often I try my own strength first then when all else fails I pray. Instead I should ask first.

No comments:

Post a Comment