Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My year of Maternity leave!



I am so excited to join the blogger world and to be able to share life, thoughts and discoveries with all of you. I have always enjoyed writing and journaled through most of my teens and earlies 20's.

The thought of blogging has been on my mind but life has been crazy. During the last year I barely had time to breathe and think let alone sit down and spill out my thoughts, life and my adventures.

BUT HERE I AM! SO FOR MY FIRST POST HERE WE GO!!!!!!


We have a new member of our family Samuel Roy Gabriel, born December 16th 2010.
It is crazy for me to enter back into the crazy turmoil of having a newborn once again. He is simply wonderful. Infact I feel like I could have another baby tomorrow. This transition has been quite smooth for Caleb. He loves, adores and protect his little brother and I love seeing him interact with Sammy.
I began maternity leave on Dec 8th and have been really seeking and praying to discover what God has instore for me this year. I know how quickly the year off flies by and really would love to make the most of this time spiritually, emotionally and mentally. I would really like to determine and be shown what the next couple of years look like. I feel that I am being asked to look back to pre children, pre marriage, pre Gabriel, when it was just me and remember my passions and the desires that were prominent in my heart then. I do not know if my heart has changed or if God has changed those desires but I really would like to discover this.

I know that I once felt called to ministry and to serving... not just to Starbucks and to motherhood.

Anyone who reads this if they could pray that I would be directed in this seeking.


Caleb is quickly approaching his 3rd birthday and this milestone is a shocker. I look at Sammy and it seems like just yesterday this was Caleb. I want to stop the clock, and capture every single moment that these boys share with me. The huge task I am tackling with Caleb is trying to potty training. I did not want to take on this huge job while I was still working so I put it off until NOW. HOW AWEFUL THIS JOB IS. The first day we attempted to use the potty was great. He went pee every single time I put him on the potty and only wet in his pants. Yesterday was horrid. He wet his pants three times in a row so I quit. Today He was dry all morning then bang wet his pants right after I asked him if he needed to pee. So I quit it for today. Any suggestions of what to do are very welcome over here. I know I can not turn back especially with the success I had the first day with him.

So Caleb and potty training is something else that needs to be tackled during my year off!! HOW WONDERFUL!

Anyways... I am excited for this year off.. and can not wait for spring and summer. God has great things instore for us Zamora's and this year will be amazing!


3 comments:

  1. Awesome, Mary-E! I loved blogging. Great way to share your life with people. Love your pics of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary! About potty training, I know Melissa used a book called Potty Training in a Day. She found it really helpful in potty training Noah. :) Here is a link I just came across. http://www.pottytrainingconcepts.com/A-How-to-Potty-Train-One-Day.html

    ReplyDelete