Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Skillet Lasagna

So I was looking for something new and yummy for dinner and a friend mentioned how she loved making Skillet lasagna!  So I googled it for a while this afternoon reading different recipes and then made the walk to the grocery store.
 Brown Italian sausage and onion in a large skillet over medium heat.
 Add green pepper and continue to brown until sausage is cooked through and no longer pink.
 Drain off fat and add mushrooms
 At the same time add your frozen spinach

 Add pasta sauce and noodles. Cover and let cook for 10 minutes until noodles are soft.
Add mozzerella and cover and let the cheese melt 

YUMMY

1 package frozen spinach
5-7 mushrooms
1 large can/jar extra thick past sauce
1 package mild italian sausage
1 green pepper
1 green onion
italian seasoning
5 cups egg noodles or mini lasagna noodles

If I were to make this again I would add carrots, celery and zucchini.  The more veggies the better. Caleb asked me to make it again tomorrow. I am so glad that he loves what I make and asks for seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment