Friday, January 21, 2011

Single Parenting - unofficially!



So this weekend is the first weekend that my hubby is spending it filming since Sammy was born. I have a love hate relationship with his filming. I love that he is spending his time investing is his career, doing something that he loves. I love how he comes home happy, contented and rejuvenated. BUT I hate that his day can be as long as 18hrs, that he is unable to answer phone calls.. even if it is an emergancy and that my days seem to drag on forever never knowing when relief or rescue is coming :)

But I am glad that tomorrow is a shorter day for him and that Sunday will be longer but def not 18hrs.


I am also on a mad hunt for a new Soother for Samuel. When he was born my sister Laura gave him 3 Soothies! These are fantastic. He loves them and took them right away. Unfortunately Caleb has bitten holes in 2 and I lost the other one after Woman's Walk on Thursday! Now if this was a normal soother I would just be able to go to a store and replace it but these are only for sale online and for $12.99. So do I replace it .. or suffer until he forgets he had one? It is the perfect plug for him and calms him down almost immediately. BAHHH

So I will let you know the adventures that we get up to this weekend. I have promised Caleb a tea party, a trip to the library - so I can find books on potty training, and if the weather is nice a trip to the park and if not MAYBE swimming.

2 comments:

  1. Look online at babyonboard.ca - they have them for $6.99 (still pricey), but they might have them in their stores (Richmond and Coquitlam). My sister-in-law swore by them too. She used to have to go to the states to get them... Micah never had one - he hated his and preferred nursing or sucking on my finger. It can be done (not having one), but I definitely get the convenience factor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried using it today as little as possible, I might just fase it out.. since he has began to suck his hands instead. We shall see what happens.. I looked on ebay, so if worse comes to worse I can order a wack load for 12.99 :)

    ReplyDelete